Purple Diary

[October 3 2014]

A visit to L’École de Plein Air, Suresnes

L’École de Plein Air is a one of a kind school that was built in Suresnes, in the outskirts of Paris in 1935 by Eugène Baudoin (1898-1983) and Marcel Lods (1891-1978) with the help of the Jean Prouvé (1901-1984) and Vladimir Bodiansky (1894-1966). The school features eight pavillions built in the middle of a park, allowing the children to learn from nature. It was also one of the first mixed schools of France. Photo and text Clovis Bataille

Subscribe to our newsletter