Purple Travel

[November 29 2013]

A visit to the Loos Haus, Kreuzberg

The building now known as The Loos Haus Hotel was originally built in the winter of 1928/29, when food manufacturer Paul Khuner commissioned the architect Adolf Loos to design a country home on Kreuzberg mountain. It was bought in 1959 by Ilse Wurdack who restored and converted the house into a hotel and restaurant. The former rooms for family members, servants and guests are now used as hotel rooms and are sparingly furnished to complement the style prescribed by Loos with built-in furniture and bold colour schemes. Photo Anna-Sophie Berger

Subscribe to our newsletter